AgoraMedSpring is an important component of the broader MedSpring project, supported by the European Union with the aim of strengthening the Euro-Mediterranean dialogue and cooperation on research and innovation. Its aim, in line with the project's objectives, is foster the open dialogue on research and innovation on some of the societal challenges of the Mediterranean region: water, food, and energy.
The AgoraMedSpring collects, shares and generates timely stories, articles, and media content on research and innovation on the management of water scarcity, food security, renewable energy and more broadly on socio-economic sustainability and cooperation on innovation development in the Mediterranean region.
The AgoraMedSpring collects, shares, and generates content with different degrees of specialisation and expressing different visions on how to address these challenges.
The AgoraMedSpring is a social hub supporting social dialogue for knowledge-sharing initiatives at the regional-Mediterranean level.
Through the AgoraMedSpring and its social media channels you can engage in the dialogue, expand your community, find and provide new insights and get heard from policy makers as well as regional and national policy actors and institutions.
Our vision: Get involved! Get heard!
A positive use of social network technologies is key for enabling a community to develop in its full potential: creating trust, encourage dialogue and find new solution to current problems. Top-down policies are not always the best solution to social challenges. Our ideas and experiences are not always valued as part of the decision-making process, though they are often original and workable.
Get involved! is the first step to find collective solutions to societal challenges and share them with people. Get heard! is the second step to participate actively in the decision-making process.
The Euro-Mediterranean Agora is just this: a place that gathers ideas and experiences through the use of social media with the objective of being influential in the research and policy community by leveraging our social capital. Our mission is to use social networking technologies to increase the knowledge-exchange among people in the Mediterranean region, to strengthen participatory democracy in relation to the identified societal challenges, and to foster mass awareness on our role in changing policy processes and outcomes. Key to our mission is a diversified and expanded participation of social identities in the dialogue.
Are you a student?
- check out for timely scientific/generalist material on research and innovation on water scarcity, food security and renewable energies;
- discover new ideas and opportunities to develop your career;
- find the experts in your field and engage with them.
Are you a researcher?
- check out for updated scientific/generalist material on research and innovation on water scarcity, food security and renewable energies;
- connect with other researchers in your field;
- publish your work and get the community to know you.
Are you a civil society initiative/association?
- discover new trends and opportunities in research and cooperation on water scarcity, food security and renewable energies;
- find partnerships and in the Mediterranean region;
- get other people to know your initiatives/projects and reach out for potential stakeholders.
Are you an active citizen?
- get informed on research and cooperation on water scarcity, food security and renewable energies;
- spread your campaign;
- build/expand your community to find supporters to your ideas.